Last night, Nintendo held their first Direct event in over a year. The event lasted fifty minutes and featured a great deal of announcements from the Gaming company. This Nintendo direct showed off a number of new games and ports coming to the system for the next year or so. So here is a rundown of every announcement from the direct.
Brand New Announcements
Starting off strong, Nintendo gave us a ton of new and exciting information about existing and upcoming games coming to its platforms:
- Pyra and Mythra join Smash as the latest fighters in March!
- Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir/The Girl Who Stands Behind Both are coming to the West May 14th!
- Samurai Warriors is back with a new instalment this summer.
- Mario fans can get excited for Mario Golf Super Rush! It releases June 25th.
- Nintendo released another trailer for No More Heroes 3.
- A new game titled Neon White was announced. It is an interesting card game to say the least. It releases this Winter.
- Out of seeming nowhere there is a new DC project on the way. DC Super Hero Girls Teen Power comes to a Switch near you on June 4th.
- Militopia was announced. Gamers will get to play the classis 3DS game in May.
- You can now try out the demo for Project Triangle Strategy. The new RPG was revealed to the public and set to be released next year.
- A new Star Wars game was announced titled Star Wars Hunters and is a free to play competitive shooter.
- EA announced a competitive new online game titled Knockout City.
- A murder mystery story based game titled Worlds End will be releasing on May 28th.
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Sigma 2 and 3:Razors Edge are all being remastered. This will be part of the Ninja Gaiden Master Collection out on June 10th.
- Another game returning from the past is Zelda: Skyward Sword. The remaster with new features will be out July 16th.
- And the final announcement was that Splatoon 3 will be coming out next year.
In addition, Nintendo announced what games will be releasing on its main console, the Nintendo Switch:
- Fall Guys is coming to Switch this summer.
- Outer Wilds comes this summer as well.
- A remaster of Legend of Mana will be releasing on June 24th.
- Plants Vs Zombies Battle of Neighborville will be out March 19th.
- Tales of the Borderlands will be coming soon as well.
- Capcom Arcade Stadium, featuring over 20 arcade classics is out now as well.
- Stubbs the Zombie, the cult classic original Xbox game is coming to Switch on March 24th.
However, the announcements did not end there:
- Monster Hunter Rise had a new trailer with some more info.
- Animal Crossing is getting Mario themed items.
- Hades is getting a physical release on Switch.
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is getting DLC in the future.
It is good to know Nintendo has a lot of games coming out in the future again. What were some of your favourite announcements from the Nintendo Direct? Will you be picking up any games in the future? Let us know!